Monday 16 October 2017

Spooky Words and Pumpkins


Each month during 2017 I will be stitching on the design Halloween Happiness by Sandra Cozzolino / Imaginating.  I have picked a portion of the chart that fits with the themes with the aim to get it all fully stitched by the end of 2017!

Halloween Happiness (Sandra Cozzolino)
Fabric: 28ct plain purple fabric
Threads: all DMC
Started: 1 January 2017
Finished: 1 October 2017

Yep! You are reading correctly... I have finished "Halloween Happiness"!  I had planned to finish this on Halloween night (ie put the very last stitch in / attach pumpkin button on the 31st October) but I was so close at the end of September that I just had to keep stitching....

I still need to work out if I am going to frame it or finish it as a flat fold... but I am happy to say it's done!  I really enjoyed stitching this piece and love so many different elements of it - the witch is still my favourite character though!

So now that all the spooky words and the pumpkins are done I need to try and think of something to stitch for November and December!  I think my December stitch will most likely be the start of next year's Halloween stitching... more info to come on that but as a hint think Lizzie Kate!

Til next time, happy spooky stitching!

4 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

It is gorgeous! Congrats on the finish :) Can't wait to see what you pick next!

AnaCristina said...

Wonderful!

Lili said...

Congratulations! It is so beautiful!!
Waiting for see your new project!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for Happy Hallowe'en!
I'll be thinking those themes up for next year very soon.